As someone who’s still very new to blogging, I was thrilled to be nominated by the beautiful Alicia of Aesthetic Obsessed to take part in the Blogger Recognition Tag. With a lack of wifi, a crazy workload and a hectic lifestyle I’ve struggled to stick to a schedule recently so this tag is a great, easy way to get an extra blog post in!
Fun as this tag is, there are a few rules that you must abide by:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created
How it all started
I signed up to WordPress years and years ago but, like many young bloggers, wrote one post and lost interest. During my first ‘real’ job I was so disinterested in my actual work that I spent hours trawling the web, reading fashion blogs and watching YouTube, that’s where my desire to write started.
It sounds so negative to say this but there’s not very much that I feel that I’m good at besides writing. I’m not very sporty and I’m the least musical person that you’ll ever meet, but give me an essay to write and I’ll hit the library in a heart beat. Sad, right? Writing a blog seemed the perfect way continue my love for writing outside of academia.
I have a degree in Fashion Management with Marketing but chose to follow marketing as a career path. I find that my blog keeps my in touch with my love of fashion, although it’s not something that I want to pursue as a career right now, it’s definitely still a bit part of my life.
My advice to new bloggers…
I don’t feel like I’m really in a position to be handing out advice to anyone just yet, I’m still a newbie and I’m learning new things about blogging every day. I’ll share with any new bloggers out there, newer than myself, 2 things that I’ve learnt so far on my blogging journey…
- All good things take time. Don’t worry that you don’t have thousands of followers straight away. Spend time interacting with other bloggers, join in with Twitter chats, search for a particular hashtag on Instagram and make a conscious effort to comment on a few of the photos that come up and, respond to people that interact with you. You’ll soon start to build relationships with other bloggers and your following will start to grow.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. I know that that’s easier said than done, I do it daily, but comparing yourself to others is setting yourself up for failure. Other bloggers may well have more followers, grow quicker and work with brands but, remember, everybody had to start somewhere.
I’ve picked 15 bloggers who’s content I love for all different reasons, make sure to give them all a follow!
Biscuits and Pieces, Devon Metcalfe, Rebecca Faye, Pages by Polly, Charlotte Amanda, Lisa Cowan, Im Sophia Leigh, United as One Voice, Pale Girl Rambling, Tasha Louise, Believe in a Miracle, Love Emily, Pretty Little Flirt, Elle May, Life Through TSG.
Sorry if any of you have already been tagged, and thank you again to Alicia for my nomination!